We are increasingly more people to want to execute the routine service of our Jaguar F-Type alone, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least simple service can fairly quickly go over 100€. The recent automobiles are more and more complex and we can not execute all their routine service, but some acts like servicing its Jaguar F-Type can be accomplished without too much complexity. We are going to help you on this web page to select the best engine oil for your Jaguar F-Type , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to assure you an ideal engine unit actions. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Jaguar F-Type , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Jaguar F-Type , and finally, we will finish with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Jaguar F-Type
We will consequently commence our content page with a small buying guidebook to help you select the best motor oil for your Jaguar F-Type with peace of mind. To get this done, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you select your engine oil properly, furthermore to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Jaguar F-Type?
The role of the engine oil in your Jaguar F-Type is to lubricate your engine unit to assure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Jaguar F-Type :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Jaguar F-Type (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will indicate the engine’s ability to start cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to adapt it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Jaguar F-Type.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Jaguar F-Type (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Jaguar F-Type in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The specifications : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only specifications of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the instruction manual of your Jaguar F-Type that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little effect in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Jaguar F-Type to avoid having to focus on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to follow these tips.
The different types of engine oil for your Jaguar F-Type
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are specifically composed of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of certain elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should make sure to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This type of oil is really adapted to the recent Jaguar F-Type engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be optimum and the cold start too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Jaguar F-Type
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Jaguar F-Type , we will present our range and direct you to the best dealers so that you can produce your choice in the best circumstances. We have made it a point to present only oils adapted to your Jaguar F-Type, so you will not necessarily discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Jaguar F-Type
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Jaguar F-Type lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Jaguar F-Type with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Jaguar F-Type.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Jaguar F-Type
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Jaguar F-Type
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Jaguar F-Type from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil appropriate for all engines from Jaguar F-Type
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Jaguar F-Type which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines designed with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Jaguar F-Type
And to finish this content page, we will give you some suggestions on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Jaguar F-Type, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil producers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Jaguar F-Type
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
Whenever you have any further questions about the Jaguar F-Type, do not hesitate to consult our Jaguar F-Type category.