We are a lot more persons to want to accomplish the maintenance of our Fiat Punto 2 by themselves, in truth, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least basic service can quickly go over 100€. The modern vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not accomplish all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Fiat Punto 2 can be performed without too much complexity. We are going to help you today to select the best engine oil for your Fiat Punto 2 , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to guarantee you an optimal engine behaviour. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Fiat Punto 2 , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Fiat Punto 2 , and finally, we will finish with some tips on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Fiat Punto 2
We will consequently commence our content with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Fiat Punto 2 with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, in addition to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Fiat Punto 2?
The role of the engine oil in your Fiat Punto 2 is to lubricate your engine to make sure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Fiat Punto 2 :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Fiat Punto 2 (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to start cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to change it to the temperature in which you drive your Fiat Punto 2.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Fiat Punto 2 (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Fiat Punto 2 in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The specifications : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only specifications of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the instructions of your Fiat Punto 2 that the oil in question is suitable for your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little impact in your reasoning, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Fiat Punto 2 to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car manufacturers have partnerships and will advise you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to follow these tips.
The different types of engine oil for your Fiat Punto 2
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are mainly composed of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will trigger them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of certain components that will boost its life expectancy. It is thus appropriate for a polyvalent use of its car. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Fiat Punto 2 engines, in truth, the protection of the engine will be maximum and the cold start too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Fiat Punto 2
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Fiat Punto 2 , we will present our choice and direct you to the best sellers so that you can produce your decision in the best conditions. We have made it a point to present only oils adapted to your Fiat Punto 2, so you will not actually locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Fiat Punto 2
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Fiat Punto 2 lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Fiat Punto 2 with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Fiat Punto 2.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Fiat Punto 2
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suited to all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Fiat Punto 2
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Fiat Punto 2 from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil suitable for all engines from Fiat Punto 2
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suitable for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Fiat Punto 2 which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suited to the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suitable for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine oil for your Fiat Punto 2
And to finish this content, we will give you some suggestions on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Fiat Punto 2, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil suppliers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Fiat Punto 2
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Fiat Punto 2, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Punto 2 category.