We are a lot more people to desire to conduct the maintenance of our Buick LaCrosse by themselves, in actual fact, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least simple service can fairly quickly go over 100€. The modern vehicles are more and more complex and we can not conduct all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Buick LaCrosse can be accomplished without too much difficulty. We are going to help you on this web page to choose the best engine oil for your Buick LaCrosse , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to guarantee you an ideal engine unit behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to choose the right engine oil for your Buick LaCrosse , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Buick LaCrosse , and finally, we will conclude with some tips on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Buick LaCrosse
We will so begin our article with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Buick LaCrosse with peace of mind. To get this done, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. No matter the reason, you should know that if you choose your engine oil accurately, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Buick LaCrosse?
The role of the engine oil in your Buick LaCrosse is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run efficiently , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Buick LaCrosse :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Buick LaCrosse (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Buick LaCrosse.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Buick LaCrosse (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Buick LaCrosse in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The standards : They are made on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the manual of your Buick LaCrosse that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Buick LaCrosse to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will advise you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Buick LaCrosse
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are principally made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several components that will boost its lifespan. It is thus appropriate for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. However, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Buick LaCrosse engines, in actual fact, the protection of the engine unit will be maximum and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Buick LaCrosse
We now begin our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Buick LaCrosse , we will present our range and direct you to the best dealers so that you can make your decision in the best conditions. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Buick LaCrosse, so you will not necessarily find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Buick LaCrosse
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Buick LaCrosse lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Buick LaCrosse with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Buick LaCrosse.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Buick LaCrosse
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Buick LaCrosse
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Buick LaCrosse from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil ideal for all engines from Buick LaCrosse
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Buick LaCrosse which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Buick LaCrosse
And to conclude this article, we will give you some tips on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Buick LaCrosse, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may ruin your engine unit.
- Observe the advice of the oil manufacturers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Buick LaCrosse
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
To find more tips on the Buick LaCrosse, take a look at the Buick LaCrosse category.