We are more and more people to desire to carry out the maintenance of our Buick Encore alone, obviously, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least simple service can quickly surpass 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not carry out all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Buick Encore can be accomplished without too much problems. We are going to help you in this article to select the best engine oil for your Buick Encore , this will enable you to do your oil change without any headache and to guarantee you an optimum engine unit actions. To achieve this, firstly, we will discover how to select the right engine oil for your Buick Encore , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Buick Encore , and finally, we will conclude with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Buick Encore
We will consequently commence our article with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Buick Encore with peace of mind. To achieve this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you select your engine oil accurately, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Buick Encore?
The role of the engine oil in your Buick Encore is to lubricate your engine unit to make sure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Buick Encore :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Buick Encore (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the climatic conditions in which you drive your Buick Encore.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Buick Encore (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Buick Encore in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The standards : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the book of your Buick Encore that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little impact in your judgement, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Buick Encore to avoid having to focus on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to follow these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Buick Encore
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are specifically made from crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several components that will boost its lifespan. It is thus suggested for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Additionally, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should make sure to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Buick Encore engines, obviously, the protection of the engine unit will be ideal and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Buick Encore
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Buick Encore , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best sellers so that you can produce your choice in the best circumstances. We have made it a point to present only oils adapted to your Buick Encore, so you will not necessarily find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Buick Encore
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Buick Encore lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to change or top up the oil level of your Buick Encore with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Buick Encore.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Buick Encore
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suited to all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Buick Encore
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Buick Encore from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil appropriate for all engines from Buick Encore
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Buick Encore which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suited to the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Buick Encore
And to conclude this article, we will give you some tips on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Buick Encore, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil producers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Buick Encore
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
If you need more tutorials on the Buick Encore, go to our Buick Encore category.