While air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular functionality during the summer, it can also lead to some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Volkswagen CC can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you understand why. To achieve this, first we will check out the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Volkswagen CC have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article content with the beginning of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Volkswagen CC. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often times the same. In actual fact, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Volkswagen CC. This humidity is the ideal source of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Volkswagen CC. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will play a role in enhance the odors. At last, the last classic motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Volkswagen CC is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Volkswagen CC?
Now that you know where to look to find the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Volkswagen CC, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Volkswagen CC:
- Although it may seem obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Volkswagen CC frequently will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Volkswagen CC with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please seek advice from our article content which explains in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Volkswagen CC: This filter which is designed to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Volkswagen CC
To conclude, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Volkswagen CC, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Volkswagen CC:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Volkswagen CC is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen CC, take a look at the Volkswagen CC category.