Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most desirable aspects during the summer, it can besides that bring some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Vauxkhall Moka can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to enable you establish why. To get this done, first we will examine the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Vauxkhall Moka have a smell of humidity?
So we start our guideline with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Vauxkhall Moka. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally the same. In truth, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Vauxkhall Moka. This humidity is the perfect origin of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Vauxkhall Moka. Also, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food leftovers for example) will lead to enhance the odors. Finally, the last classic motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Vauxkhall Moka is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Vauxkhall Moka?
Now that you know where to look to locate the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Vauxkhall Moka, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Vauxkhall Moka:
- Nevertheless it may seem obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Vauxkhall Moka on a regular will allow you to take out many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Vauxkhall Moka with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please consult our guideline which points out in detail the process to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Vauxkhall Moka: This filter which intends to prevent impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Vauxkhall Moka
Finally, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Vauxkhall Moka, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Vauxkhall Moka:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Vauxkhall Moka is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, indeed, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To get more tips on the Vauxkhall Moka, take a look at the Vauxkhall Moka category.