While air conditioning in a car is one of the best functionality when hot, it can besides that lead to some inconveniences. In reality, the air conditioning in a Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you identify why. To do this, first we will check out the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our guideline with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often the same. In reality, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. This humidity is the ideal source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will develop increase the odors. At last, the last common reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150?
Now that you know where to look to find the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150:
- Nevertheless it may seem to be evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 commonly will allow you to take off many of the sources of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please have a look at our guideline which points out in detail the process to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150: This filter which intends to prevent impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150
Finally, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150, we are now going to give you some tips to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In reality, always accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in truth, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
If you have any additional questions about the Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Land Cruiser Serie 150 category.