Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular product features during the summer, it can as well bring some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Tesla Model X can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you establish why. To achieve this, first we will look at the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Tesla Model X have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article content with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Tesla Model X. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often times alike. In actual fact, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Tesla Model X. This humidity is the ideal base of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Tesla Model X. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it often (food remains for example) will develop enhance the odors. At last, the last classic reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Tesla Model X is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Tesla Model X?
Now that you know where to look to locate the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Tesla Model X, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Tesla Model X:
- Nevertheless it may appear obvious, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Tesla Model X regularly will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Tesla Model X with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please seek advice from our article content which points out in detail the process to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Tesla Model X: This filter which aims to stop impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Tesla Model X
Finally, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Tesla Model X, we are now going to give you some suggestions to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Tesla Model X:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make sure that the air conditioning of your Tesla Model X is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you wish more guides on the Tesla Model X, go to our Tesla Model X category.