Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular product features when hot, it can as well bring in some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Scion tC can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will have a look at the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Scion tC have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our content page with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Scion tC. Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is generally the same. In truth, air conditioning causes a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Scion tC. This humidity is the perfect base of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Scion tC. Also, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food leftovers for example) will lead to amplify the odors. Finally, the last traditional reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Scion tC is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Scion tC?
Now that you know where to look to find the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Scion tC, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Scion tC:
- Even though it may seem obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Scion tC frequently will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Scion tC with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please seek advice from our content page which points out in detail the process to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Scion tC: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Scion tC
Finally, last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Scion tC, we are now going to give you some tips to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Scion tC:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Scion tC is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Scion tC, do not hesitate to consult our Scion tC category.