While air conditioning in a car is one of the best aspects during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Renault Megane 3 can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you identify why. To do this, first we will look at the explanation of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Renault Megane 3 have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Renault Megane 3. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally the same. In actual fact, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Renault Megane 3. This humidity is the ideal source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Renault Megane 3. Also, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will contribute to amplify the odors. Finally, the last classic reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Renault Megane 3 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Renault Megane 3?
Now that you know where to look to locate the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Renault Megane 3, because furthermore to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Renault Megane 3:
- Although it may seem evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Renault Megane 3 frequently will allow you to eradicate many of the sources of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Renault Megane 3 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please consult our content which explains in detail the technique to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Renault Megane 3: This filter which intends to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, be sure to check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Renault Megane 3
Finally, last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Renault Megane 3, we are now going to give you some tips to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Renault Megane 3:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To ensure that the air conditioning of your Renault Megane 3 is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in reality, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
To discover more tips on the Renault Megane 3, take a look at the Renault Megane 3 category.