Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most desirable aspects during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Renault Koleos can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will examine the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Renault Koleos have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our guideline with the source of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Renault Koleos. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often times the same. Indeed, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Renault Koleos. This humidity is the ideal source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Renault Koleos. Also, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food debris for example) will contribute to enhance the odors. At last, the last common justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Renault Koleos is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Renault Koleos?
Now that you know where to look to find the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Renault Koleos, because moreover to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Renault Koleos:
- Although it may seem to be evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Renault Koleos on a regular will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Renault Koleos with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please read our guideline which explains in detail the process to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Renault Koleos: This filter which is designed to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, remember to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Renault Koleos
Finally, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Renault Koleos, we are now going to give you some suggestions to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Renault Koleos:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, constantly conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Renault Koleos is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in reality, the liquid is toxic and furthermore the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Renault Koleos, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Koleos category.