While air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular features during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Porsche Cayenne can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you identify why. To achieve this, first we will look at the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Porsche Cayenne have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Porsche Cayenne. Whether you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often similar. In actual fact, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Porsche Cayenne. This humidity is the perfect origin of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Porsche Cayenne. Moreover, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it often (food remains for example) will contribute to amplify the odors. At last, the last classic explanation for a bad air conditioning smell in your Porsche Cayenne is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Porsche Cayenne?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Porsche Cayenne, because furthermore to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Porsche Cayenne:
- Nevertheless it may look evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Porsche Cayenne commonly will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Porsche Cayenne with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please seek advice from our article which explains in detail the process to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Porsche Cayenne: This filter which is designed to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, remember to check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Porsche Cayenne
Finally, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Porsche Cayenne, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Porsche Cayenne:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, always conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Porsche Cayenne is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in reality, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Porsche Cayenne, do not hesitate to consult our Porsche Cayenne category.