Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular product features when hot, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a PORSCHE BOXSTER can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you identify why. To achieve this, first we will examine the explanation of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my PORSCHE BOXSTER have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article content with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your PORSCHE BOXSTER. Whether you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is more often than not alike. Indeed, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to build up in the ventilation system of your PORSCHE BOXSTER. This humidity is the perfect source of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your PORSCHE BOXSTER. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food debris for example) will lead to amplify the odors. Finally, the last classic justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your PORSCHE BOXSTER is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my PORSCHE BOXSTER?
Now that you know where to look to find the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your PORSCHE BOXSTER, because furthermore to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your PORSCHE BOXSTER:
- Even though it may seem to be evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your PORSCHE BOXSTER on a regular will allow you to take out many of the sources of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your PORSCHE BOXSTER with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please browse our article content which points out in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your PORSCHE BOXSTER: This filter which aims to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, remember to check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on PORSCHE BOXSTER
Finally, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on PORSCHE BOXSTER, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your PORSCHE BOXSTER:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, constantly do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your PORSCHE BOXSTER is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in truth, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
To get more tips on the PORSCHE BOXSTER, take a look at the PORSCHE BOXSTER category.