Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen functionality during the summer, it can as well bring some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Peugeot Rcz can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to enable you find out why. To get this done, first we will check out the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Peugeot Rcz have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our content page with the source of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Peugeot Rcz. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often the same. In truth, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Peugeot Rcz. This humidity is the perfect source of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Peugeot Rcz. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will lead to enhance the odors. Finally, the last common reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Peugeot Rcz is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Peugeot Rcz?
Now that you know where to look to locate the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Peugeot Rcz, because in addition to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Peugeot Rcz:
- Even though it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Peugeot Rcz on a regular will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Peugeot Rcz with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please seek advice from our content page which points out in detail the procedure to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Peugeot Rcz: This filter which is designed to prevent impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, be sure to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Peugeot Rcz
To conclude, last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Peugeot Rcz, we are now going to give you some tips to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Peugeot Rcz:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, always perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Peugeot Rcz is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To get more tips on the Peugeot Rcz, take a look at the Peugeot Rcz category.