Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the best product features during the summer, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. In reality, the air conditioning in a Mini Cooper can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you identify why. To accomplish this, first we will take a look at the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Mini Cooper have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article with the beginning of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper. If you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often times similar. In reality, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Mini Cooper. This humidity is the perfect source of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it regularly (food remains for example) will contribute to amplify the odors. At last, the last traditional motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Mini Cooper is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Mini Cooper?
Now that you know where to look to find the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Mini Cooper, because furthermore to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Mini Cooper:
- Nevertheless it may look obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Mini Cooper on a regular basis will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Mini Cooper with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To accomplish this, please browse our article which points out in detail the procedure to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Mini Cooper: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Mini Cooper
To conclude, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Mini Cooper, we are now going to give you some tips to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Mini Cooper:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In reality, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Mini Cooper is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in truth, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Mini Cooper, take a look at the Mini Cooper category.