Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most desirable functionality during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. In reality, the air conditioning in a Mercury Grand Marquis can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to enable you identify why. To achieve this, first we will have a look at the explanation of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you solutions to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Mercury Grand Marquis have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our guideline with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally the same. In reality, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Mercury Grand Marquis. This humidity is the ideal source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis. Also, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it regularly (food debris for example) will lead to enhance the odors. At last, the last common justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Mercury Grand Marquis is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Mercury Grand Marquis?
Now that you know where to look to find the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Mercury Grand Marquis, because moreover to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Mercury Grand Marquis:
- Although it may look obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Mercury Grand Marquis frequently will allow you to take off many of the sources of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Mercury Grand Marquis with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please have a look at our guideline which explains in detail the process to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Mercury Grand Marquis: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Mercury Grand Marquis
To conclude, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Mercury Grand Marquis, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Mercury Grand Marquis:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In reality, constantly do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Mercury Grand Marquis is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in fact, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Mercury Grand Marquis, take a look at the Mercury Grand Marquis category.