Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the best functionality when hot, it can besides that bring some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Mercedes Benz GLE Class can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you understand why. To get this done, first we will examine the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Mercedes Benz GLE Class have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our article with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is quite often similar. In actual fact, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. This humidity is the perfect origin of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it frequently (food debris for example) will contribute to amplify the odors. At last, the last classic justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Mercedes Benz GLE Class is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Mercedes Benz GLE Class?
Now that you know where to look to locate the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Mercedes Benz GLE Class:
- Although it may look evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Mercedes Benz GLE Class on a regular will allow you to eradicate many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please browse our article which explains in detail the procedure to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class: This filter which intends to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, be sure to check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Mercedes Benz GLE Class
To finish , last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Mercedes Benz GLE Class, we are now going to give you some recommendations to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Mercedes Benz GLE Class:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make sure that the air conditioning of your Mercedes Benz GLE Class is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz GLE Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz GLE Class category.