While air conditioning in a car is one of the most popular product features when hot, it can besides that lead to some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Lexus ES can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you understand why. To get this done, first we will take a look at the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Lexus ES have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content with the origins of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Lexus ES. If you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often times similar. In truth, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Lexus ES. This humidity is the ideal base of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Lexus ES. Also, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it frequently (food leftovers for example) will play a role in enhance the odors. At last, the last common justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Lexus ES is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Lexus ES?
Now that you know where to look to locate the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Lexus ES, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Lexus ES:
- Even though it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will encourage the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Lexus ES on a regular will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Lexus ES with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please browse our content which explains in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Lexus ES: This filter which intends to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Lexus ES
To finish , last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Lexus ES, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Lexus ES:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, always conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Lexus ES is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Lexus ES, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus ES category.