While air conditioning in a car is one of the best aspects during the summer, it can besides that bring in some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Kia Cee D can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will look at the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Kia Cee D have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content with the origins of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Kia Cee D. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is generally the same. Indeed, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Kia Cee D. This humidity is the ideal source of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Kia Cee D. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food leftovers for example) will contribute to increase the odors. Finally, the last common motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Kia Cee D is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Kia Cee D?
Now that you know where to look to find the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Kia Cee D, because moreover to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore essential to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Kia Cee D:
- Although it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Kia Cee D regularly will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Kia Cee D with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please consult our content which points out in detail the procedure to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Kia Cee D: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Kia Cee D
To conclude, last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Kia Cee D, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Kia Cee D:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Kia Cee D is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To discover more tips on the Kia Cee D, take a look at the Kia Cee D category.