While air conditioning in a car is one of the best aspects during the summer, it can besides that lead to some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a hyundai getz can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you establish why. To do this, first we will look at the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my hyundai getz have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article content with the source of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your hyundai getz. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is more often than not alike. Indeed, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your hyundai getz. This humidity is the ideal source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your hyundai getz. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will contribute to increase the odors. Finally, the last traditional justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your hyundai getz is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my hyundai getz?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your hyundai getz, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your hyundai getz:
- Nevertheless it may look evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your hyundai getz on a regular basis will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your hyundai getz with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please read our article content which points out in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your hyundai getz: This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, be sure to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on hyundai getz
To finish , last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on hyundai getz, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your hyundai getz:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, always do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your hyundai getz is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the hyundai getz, do not hesitate to consult our hyundai getz category.