Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen functionality when hot, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Hyundai Elantra can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will examine the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Hyundai Elantra have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article content with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Hyundai Elantra. If you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is more often than not the same. In truth, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Hyundai Elantra. This humidity is the ideal base of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Hyundai Elantra. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will play a role in increase the odors. Finally, the last classic reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Hyundai Elantra is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Hyundai Elantra?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Hyundai Elantra, because moreover to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore very important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Hyundai Elantra:
- Although it may seem to be obvious, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Hyundai Elantra commonly will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Hyundai Elantra with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please browse our article content which points out in detail the technique to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Hyundai Elantra: This filter which intends to stop impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure you examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Hyundai Elantra
To finish , last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Hyundai Elantra, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Hyundai Elantra:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Hyundai Elantra is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in fact, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Hyundai Elantra, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Elantra category.