Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred product features during the summer, it can also bring in some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Hyundai Accent can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you identify why. To do this, first we will look at the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Hyundai Accent have a smell of humidity?
So we start our guideline with the origins of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Hyundai Accent. Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is quite often the same. In truth, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Hyundai Accent. This humidity is the perfect base of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Hyundai Accent. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food remains for example) will develop amplify the odors. Finally, the last traditional motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Hyundai Accent is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Hyundai Accent?
Now that you know where to look to find the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Hyundai Accent, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Hyundai Accent:
- Even though it may appear evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Hyundai Accent frequently will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Hyundai Accent with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please read our guideline which points out in detail the technique to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Hyundai Accent: This filter which aims to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, be sure to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Hyundai Accent
Finally, last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Hyundai Accent, we are now going to give you some recommendations to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Hyundai Accent:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, always accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To ensure that the air conditioning of your Hyundai Accent is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor in particular), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in truth, the liquid is toxic and furthermore the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Accent, take a look at the Hyundai Accent category.