Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most desirable product features when hot, it can as well bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Ford Focus can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you understand why. To get this done, first we will examine the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Ford Focus have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our article content with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Ford Focus. If you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often times alike. In actual fact, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Ford Focus. This humidity is the perfect source of the spreading of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Ford Focus. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it often (food remains for example) will contribute to increase the odors. Finally, the last common justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Ford Focus is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Ford Focus?
Now that you know where to look to locate the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Ford Focus, because moreover to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Ford Focus:
- Although it may look evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Ford Focus frequently will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Ford Focus with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please consult our article content which explains in detail the technique to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Ford Focus: This filter which intends to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, remember to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Ford Focus
To finish , last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Ford Focus, we are now going to give you some recommendations to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Ford Focus:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Ford Focus is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To get more tips on the Ford Focus, take a look at the Ford Focus category.