Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen product features during the summer, it can also lead to some inconveniences. In reality, the air conditioning in a Ford F 150 can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to enable you find out why. To do this, first we will take a look at the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them disappear.
Why does the air conditioning of my Ford F 150 have a smell of humidity?
So we start our guideline with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 . Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often times alike. In reality, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Ford F 150 . This humidity is the ideal origin of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all kinds in the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 . Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food debris for example) will lead to increase the odors. Finally, the last common reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Ford F 150 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and releases a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Ford F 150 ?
Now that you know where to look to locate the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Ford F 150 , because furthermore to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Ford F 150 :
- Even though it may seem obvious, the dirt that accumulates in your car will encourage the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Ford F 150 on a regular will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Ford F 150 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please browse our guideline which clarifies in detail the technique to follow.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Ford F 150 : This filter which aims to protect against impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Ford F 150
To finish , last part of our guideline on air conditioning smells on Ford F 150 , we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Ford F 150 :
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In reality, always do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Ford F 150 is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in reality, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you wish more guides on the Ford F 150 , go to our Ford F 150 category.