Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen functionality during the summer, it can besides that bring some inconveniences. In fact, the air conditioning in a Fiat 500 L can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to enable you establish why. To get this done, first we will look at the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Fiat 500 L have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 L. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally the same. In fact, air conditioning creates a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Fiat 500 L. This humidity is the perfect base of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 L. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it regularly (food debris for example) will lead to enhance the odors. At last, the last common reason for a bad air conditioning smell in your Fiat 500 L is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Fiat 500 L?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Fiat 500 L, because in addition to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore essential to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Fiat 500 L:
- Even though it may look evident, the dirt that amasses in your car will encourage the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Fiat 500 L on a regular will allow you to remove many of the origins of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Fiat 500 L with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please have a look at our article which explains in detail the technique to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Fiat 500 L: This filter which aims to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, remember to check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Fiat 500 L
Finally, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Fiat 500 L, we are now going to give you some suggestions to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Fiat 500 L:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In fact, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be sure that the air conditioning of your Fiat 500 L is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
To discover more tips on the Fiat 500 L, take a look at the Fiat 500 L category.