While air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred features during the summer, it can besides that lead to some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Dacia Sandero can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you understand why. To get this done, first we will have a look at the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Dacia Sandero have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our content page with the source of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Dacia Sandero. Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally alike. Indeed, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Dacia Sandero. This humidity is the ideal base of the growth of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Dacia Sandero. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it regularly (food debris for example) will lead to increase the odors. Finally, the last traditional cause for a bad air conditioning smell in your Dacia Sandero is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and emits a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Dacia Sandero?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Dacia Sandero, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore fundamental to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Dacia Sandero:
- Nevertheless it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will encourage the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Dacia Sandero on a regular basis will allow you to take out many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Dacia Sandero with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please consult our content page which explains in detail the process to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Dacia Sandero: This filter which is designed to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, be sure to examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Dacia Sandero
Finally, last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Dacia Sandero, we are now going to give you some suggestions to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Dacia Sandero:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, always conduct this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your Dacia Sandero is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, indeed, the liquid is toxic and also the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you have any additional questions about the Dacia Sandero, do not hesitate to consult our Dacia Sandero category.