Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the best functionality during the summer, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. In truth, the air conditioning in a Dacia Lodgy can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will have a look at the explanation of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Dacia Lodgy have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our content page with the origins of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often the same. In truth, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Dacia Lodgy. This humidity is the perfect source of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will contribute to increase the odors. At last, the last classic explanation for a bad air conditioning smell in your Dacia Lodgy is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Dacia Lodgy?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Dacia Lodgy, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore fundamental to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Dacia Lodgy:
- Nevertheless it may look evident, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Dacia Lodgy commonly will allow you to eradicate many of the origins of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Dacia Lodgy with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please read our content page which clarifies in detail the procedure to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Dacia Lodgy: This filter which intends to prevent impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, remember to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Dacia Lodgy
To conclude, last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Dacia Lodgy, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Dacia Lodgy:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In truth, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Dacia Lodgy is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is necessary, indeed, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Dacia Lodgy, do not hesitate to consult our Dacia Lodgy category.