Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen features when hot, it can as well bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Citroen Grand C4 Picasso can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you find out why. To achieve this, first we will check out the reason of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Citroen Grand C4 Picasso have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. Regardless you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is often times similar. In actual fact, air conditioning brings about a lot of humidity, which will tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. This humidity is the ideal origin of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your automobile, or not cleaning it often (food leftovers for example) will contribute to enhance the odors. Finally, the last classic justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Citroen Grand C4 Picasso?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to eradicate bad air conditioning odors on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, because in addition to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to eradicate these air-conditioning odours on your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
- Even though it may appear evident, the dirt that accumulates in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso on a regular will allow you to remove many of the sources of these.
- The best treatment is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please read our content which points out in detail the technique to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso: This filter which is designed to protect against impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, make sure examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso
To conclude, last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, we are now going to give you some recommendations to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make sure that the air conditioning of your Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Make sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in truth, the liquid is toxic and moreover the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you need more tutorials on the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso, go to our Citroen Grand C4 Picasso category.