Although air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred product features during the summer, it can also bring some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Chevrolet Express can have a bad smell, and on this page we’re going to try to help you find out why. To get this done, first we will have a look at the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Chevrolet Express have a smell of humidity?
So we start our content page with the source of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Express. If you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often similar. Indeed, air conditioning causes a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Chevrolet Express. This humidity is the perfect source of the growth of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Express. Additionally, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it often (food debris for example) will develop enhance the odors. Finally, the last classic explanation for a bad air conditioning smell in your Chevrolet Express is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Chevrolet Express?
Now that you know where to look to find the trigger of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Chevrolet Express, because in addition to being annoying these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Eradicating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Chevrolet Express:
- Nevertheless it may seem evident, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Chevrolet Express commonly will allow you to eradicate many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Chevrolet Express with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To get this done, please browse our content page which explains in detail the technique to stick to.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Chevrolet Express: This filter which is designed to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you examine its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Chevrolet Express
To finish , last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Chevrolet Express, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Chevrolet Express:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, constantly accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Express is always in good working order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be sure that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in reality, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Express, go to our Chevrolet Express category.