Although air conditioning in a car is one of the best aspects during the summer, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Chevrolet Camaro can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you find out why. To accomplish this, first we will have a look at the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you possibilities to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Chevrolet Camaro have a smell of humidity?
So we commence our article content with the origin of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Camaro. Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the source of these smells is generally alike. In actual fact, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to gather in the ventilation system of your Chevrolet Camaro. This humidity is the perfect source of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Camaro. In addition, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it regularly (food leftovers for example) will develop increase the odors. Finally, the last common cause for a bad air conditioning smell in your Chevrolet Camaro is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Chevrolet Camaro?
Now that you know where to look to locate the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Chevrolet Camaro, because in addition to being uneasy these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Chevrolet Camaro:
- Nevertheless it may appear obvious, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the expansion of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Chevrolet Camaro on a regular basis will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best solution is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Chevrolet Camaro with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To accomplish this, please have a look at our article content which points out in detail the process to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Chevrolet Camaro: This filter which intends to stop impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you check its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Chevrolet Camaro
To conclude, last part of our article content on air conditioning smells on Chevrolet Camaro, we are now going to give you some suggestions to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Chevrolet Camaro:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, always accomplish this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but trash is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Chevrolet Camaro is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor specifically), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Be certain that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in fact, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you want more tutorials on the Chevrolet Camaro, go to our Chevrolet Camaro category.