While air conditioning in a car is one of the best product features during the summer, it can also bring in some inconveniences. In actual fact, the air conditioning in a Audi A1 can have a bad smell, and in this article we’re going to try to help you understand why. To achieve this, first we will examine the justification of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them vanish.
Why does the air conditioning of my Audi A1 have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our content with the source of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Audi A1. Whether you have the feeling that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is quite often the same. In actual fact, air conditioning makes a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Audi A1. This humidity is the ideal source of the expansion of bacteria and fungi of all types in the air conditioning of your Audi A1. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it on a regular basis (food debris for example) will contribute to enhance the odors. At last, the last common motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Audi A1 is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will spread in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Audi A1?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Audi A1, because in addition to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore crucial to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now do a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Audi A1:
- Although it may appear obvious, the dirt that accumulates in your car will encourage the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Audi A1 frequently will allow you to take off many of the sources of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Audi A1 with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To achieve this, please read our content which clarifies in detail the procedure to follow.
- Change the cabin or pollen filter of your Audi A1: This filter which intends to protect against impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Audi A1
To finish , last part of our content on air conditioning smells on Audi A1, we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Audi A1:
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In actual fact, constantly perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that triggers bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To assure that the air conditioning of your Audi A1 is always in good functioning order (air conditioning compressor particularly), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is essential, in actual fact, the liquid is toxic and furthermore the operation of your air conditioning would be altered in the case of a leak.
To get more tips on the Audi A1, take a look at the Audi A1 category.