Encountering problems on your car is specially bothersome, furthermore the financial burden that these complications represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional volvo xc70 and the time spent to establish and fix the breakdown. On the other hand, some problems are less severe than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. Today we are going to take a look at a trouble that can affect everyone, having vibrations at acceleration on volvo xc70. This trouble can in some cases be hard to perceive but it must be handled. We will therefore start our content with the origins of these vibrations on volvo xc70, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my volvo xc70 release vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s start our content with the origins of this sort of trouble on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is old or if it has been driven quite a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a trouble behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can cause this sort of feeling, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my volvo xc70 only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this content. The simple fact that you come to feel trembling on your volvo xc70 during your acceleration phases, in this scenario you will have to examine the state of different components because various of elements can be at the source of these vibrations and regardless if you are unlucky a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be involved.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your volvo xc70 is defective, it may cause vibrations that you will feel when you accelerate at the moment it is running.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may affect the performance of your turbo and bring about vibrations that you may come to feel within the acceleration of your volvo xc70.
- If the turbo is punctured or harmed, the effect will be similar, the power supply of your turbo will be troubled and its performance too. Be sure to visually verify their condition.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my volvo xc70 at acceleration and deceleration
We will now concentrate on the situation where you come to feel vibrations on your volvo xc70 when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only come to feel vibrations when you are idling on your volvo xc70, please have a look at our content focused on this trouble to fix your problem. If, on the other hand, you realize that your volvo xc70 vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of items to verify:
- EGR valve: In actual fact this valve which controls the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and affect the evacuation of exhaust gases which can cause volvo xc70 vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will bring out the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working effectively, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running effectively.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass effectively and therefore affect the operation of your volvo xc70, up to the point of producing vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important triggers of a volvo xc70 that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my volvo xc70? What can I do?
To finish , in this last part, we will tell you the answers available to you to overcome these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt dependent on the part that is concerned:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your volvo xc70, it will be good for you to control all the parts linked to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and generally the trouble does not come precisely from the turbo. So make sure to take a look at your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your volvo xc70 to your garage area.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is more often than not easy to access and easy to disassemble/clean. You can always take a look at it and clean it, for this see our content on cleaning the EGR valve of an volvo xc70.
- Injectors: Injectors are very fragile parts and a few harmful particles may be enough to affect their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, only replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will only have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the information you need to uncover the source of the vibrations at acceleration on your volvo xc70. If you don’t feel able to conduct certain operations don’t hesitate to go to your motor mechanic.
To get more tips on the volvo xc70, take a look at the volvo xc70 category.