Being the target of recurring problems on your car is specially annoying, furthermore the financial aspect that these problems represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-operational Volkswagen Transporter and the time spent to identify and remedy the breakdown. On the other hand, some problems are less serious than others, which is not to say that they do not worry us. Today we are going to take a look at a problem that can affect many of us, perceiving vibrations at acceleration on Volkswagen Transporter. This problem can sometimes be difficult to perceive but it must be handled. We will so commence our article with the roots of these vibrations on Volkswagen Transporter, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Volkswagen Transporter make vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s commence our article with the roots of this kind of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is ancient or if it has been driven a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can cause this kind of impression, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Volkswagen Transporter only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this article. The fact that you suffer trembling on your Volkswagen Transporter during your acceleration phases, in this scenario you will have to examine the state of different elements because several of elements can be at the origin of these vibrations and regardless if you are unfortunate a combination of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Volkswagen Transporter is defective, it may cause vibrations that you will come to feel when you accelerate at the moment it is activated.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disturb the performance of your turbo and bring about vibrations that you may feel within the acceleration of your Volkswagen Transporter.
- If the turbo is punctured or ruined, the effect will be alike, the power supply of your turbo will be troubled and its performance too. Be sure to visually check their condition.
I’m feeling vibrations on my Volkswagen Transporter at acceleration and deceleration
We will now look into the scenario where you feel vibrations on your Volkswagen Transporter when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only feel vibrations when you are idling on your Volkswagen Transporter, please seek advice from our article dedicated to this problem to solve your problem. If, on the other hand, you realize that your Volkswagen Transporter vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of things to check:
- EGR valve: In truth this valve which handles the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and disrupt the evacuation of exhaust gases which can cause Volkswagen Transporter vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that control the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will release the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working effectively, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running effectively.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass effectively and therefore disrupt the performance of your Volkswagen Transporter, up to the point of leading to vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important causes of a Volkswagen Transporter that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Volkswagen Transporter? What can I do?
To conclude, in this last part, we will tell you the answers available to you to handle these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt according to the part that is affected:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Volkswagen Transporter, it will be good for you to control all the parts linked to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and typically the problem does not come directly from the turbo. So make sure to take a look at your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Volkswagen Transporter to your workshop.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is generally easy to access and simple to disassemble/clean. You can always look into it and clean it, for this see our article on cleaning the EGR valve of an Volkswagen Transporter.
- Injectors: Injectors are very fragile parts and a few impurities may be enough to disrupt their performance. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a professional.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, simply replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will simply have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to locate the origin of the vibrations at acceleration on your Volkswagen Transporter. If you don’t feel able to complete certain operations don’t hesitate to go to your technician.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Transporter, take a look at the Volkswagen Transporter category.