Facing problems on your vehicle is especially irritating, in addition to the financial side that these problems represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional Kia Picanto and the time spent to detect and repair the breakdown. Nevertheless, some problems are less major than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. On this page we are going to seek out a problem that can happen to everyone, perceiving vibrations at acceleration on Kia Picanto. This problem can occasionally be difficult to perceive but it must be handled. We will therefore start our guideline with the roots of these vibrations on Kia Picanto, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Kia Picanto produce vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s start our guideline with the roots of this type of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, specifically if it is old or if it has been driven a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, specifically those with a lot of torque, can trigger this kind of discomfort, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Kia Picanto only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this guideline. The simple fact that you come to feel trembling on your Kia Picanto during your acceleration phases, in this situation you will have to check the state of several components because a good number of elements can be at the source of these vibrations and whether or not you are unlucky a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Kia Picanto is defective, it may trigger vibrations that you will suffer when you accelerate at the moment it is activated.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will control the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may bother the behavior of your turbo and develop vibrations that you may feel at the time of acceleration of your Kia Picanto.
- If the turbo is punctured or injured, the end result will be the same, the power supply of your turbo will be disturbed and its behavior too. Remember to visually check their condition.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my Kia Picanto at acceleration and deceleration
We will now look into the case where you feel vibrations on your Kia Picanto when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only feel vibrations when you are idling on your Kia Picanto, please browse our guideline focused on this problem to get rid of your problem. If, however, you realize that your Kia Picanto vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of things to check:
- EGR valve: In truth this valve which manages the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and bother the evacuation of exhaust gases which can trigger Kia Picanto vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will release the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working effectively, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running effectively.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass effectively and therefore bother the operation of your Kia Picanto, up to the point of leading to vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important triggers of a Kia Picanto that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Kia Picanto? What can I do?
To conclude, in this last section, we will provide you the solutions available to you to cure these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt depending on the component that is concerned:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Kia Picanto, it will be good for you to control all the parts attached to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and typically the problem does not come precisely from the turbo. So make sure to examine your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Kia Picanto to your garage.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is often times easy to access and simple to disassemble/clean. You can always check out it and clean it, for this see our guideline on cleaning the EGR valve of an Kia Picanto.
- Injectors: Injectors are very delicate parts and a few harmful particles may be enough to bother their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a expert.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, only replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will only have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the information you need to uncover the origin of the vibrations at acceleration on your Kia Picanto. If you don’t feel able to execute certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your technician.
If you want more tutorials on the Kia Picanto, go to our Kia Picanto category.