Facing problems on your car is extremely frustrating, in addition to the financial aspect that these complications represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional Kia Niro and the time spent to detect and solve the malfunction. However, some problems are less major than others, which is not to say that they do not stress us. On this page we are going to seek out a issue that can affect many of us, having vibrations at acceleration on Kia Niro. This issue can often be hard to perceive but it must be looked after. We will therefore start our article content with the roots of these vibrations on Kia Niro, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Kia Niro make vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s start our article content with the roots of this form of issue on your car. You should already know that an engine, specifically if it is old or if it has been driven quite a bit, can naturally vibrate without being a issue behind it. Large diesel engines, specifically those with a lot of torque, can provoke this form of feeling, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Kia Niro only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this article content. The simple fact that you experience trembling on your Kia Niro during your acceleration phases, in this situation you will have to check the condition of some parts because a good number of elements can be at the beginning of these vibrations and whether or not you are unlucky a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of components that can be concerned.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Kia Niro is defective, it may provoke vibrations that you will suffer when you accelerate at the moment it is running.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disturb the behavior of your turbo and generate vibrations that you may feel during acceleration of your Kia Niro.
- If the turbo is punctured or damaged, the effect will be alike, the power supply of your turbo will be disrupted and its behavior too. Remember to visually examine their condition.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my Kia Niro at acceleration and deceleration
We will now concentrate on the situation where you feel vibrations on your Kia Niro when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only feel vibrations when you are idling on your Kia Niro, please consult our article content focused on this issue to resolve your problem. If, alternatively, you identify that your Kia Niro vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of elements to examine:
- EGR valve: In reality this valve which handles the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and bother the evacuation of exhaust gases which can provoke Kia Niro vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that control the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will generate the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working properly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running correctly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is clogged it will not let the fuel pass correctly and therefore bother the performance of your Kia Niro, up to the point of generating vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the main causes of a Kia Niro that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Kia Niro? What can I do?
To finish , in this last section, we will tell you the possibilities available to you to handle these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt based on the part that is involved:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Kia Niro, it will be good for you to control all the components associated with it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and typically the issue does not come directly from the turbo. So remember to check out your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Kia Niro to your garage.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is more often than not easy to access and easy to disassemble/clean. You can always check out it and clean it, for this see our article content on cleaning the EGR valve of an Kia Niro.
- Injectors: Injectors are very fragile components and a few impurities may be enough to bother their performance. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, simply change it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to discover the cause of the vibrations at acceleration on your Kia Niro. If you don’t feel able to complete certain operations don’t hesitate to go to your auto mechanic.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Kia Niro, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Niro category.