Encountering problems on your vehicle is particularly irritating, furthermore the financial side that these concerns represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-operational Dodge Durango and the time spent to detect and solve the malfunction. Nevertheless, some problems are less severe than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. Today we are going to look into a issue that can happen to all of us, having vibrations at acceleration on Dodge Durango. This issue can in some cases be difficult to perceive but it must be handled. We will consequently start our content with the sources of these vibrations on Dodge Durango, then, with the solutions you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Dodge Durango produce vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s start our content with the sources of this type of issue on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is ancient or if it has been driven quite a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a issue behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can bring about this sort of sensation, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Dodge Durango only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this content. The simple fact that you feel trembling on your Dodge Durango during your acceleration phases, in this scenario you will have to examine the state of different elements because various of elements can be at the beginning of these vibrations and regardless if you are unlucky a combination of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be involved.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Dodge Durango is defective, it may bring about vibrations that you will feel when you accelerate at the moment it is turned on.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will control the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disrupt the behavior of your turbo and develop vibrations that you may come to feel at the time of acceleration of your Dodge Durango.
- If the turbo is punctured or injured, the end result will be alike, the power supply of your turbo will be disrupted and its behavior too. Be sure to visually examine their condition.
I’m feeling vibrations on my Dodge Durango at acceleration and deceleration
We will now concentrate on the scenario where you come to feel vibrations on your Dodge Durango when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only come to feel vibrations when you are idling on your Dodge Durango, please read our content focused upon this issue to fix your problem. If, on the other hand, you realize that your Dodge Durango vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of components to examine:
- EGR valve: In actual fact this valve which controls the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and affect the evacuation of exhaust gases which can bring about Dodge Durango vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that control the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will bring out the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working effectively, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running correctly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is clogged it will not let the fuel pass correctly and therefore affect the performance of your Dodge Durango, up to the point of producing vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important triggers of a Dodge Durango that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Dodge Durango? What can I do?
To finish , in this last section, we will provide you the solutions available to you to handle these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt based on the component that is affected:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Dodge Durango, it will be good for you to control all the parts linked to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and most of the time the issue does not come precisely from the turbo. So make sure to examine your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Dodge Durango to your garage area.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is more often than not easy to access and easy to take apart/clean. You can always examine it and clean it, for this see our content on cleaning the EGR valve of an Dodge Durango.
- Injectors: Injectors are very delicate parts and a few impurities may be enough to affect their performance. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a professional.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, simply change it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to locate the source of the vibrations at acceleration on your Dodge Durango. If you don’t feel able to do certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your technician.
To get more tips on the Dodge Durango, take a look at the Dodge Durango category.