Facing problems on your automobile is really frustrating, moreover the economic side that these concerns represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional BMW 2 Series and the time spent to identify and fix the malfunction. Nevertheless, some problems are less severe than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. On this page we are going to check out a problem that can occur to all of us, feeling vibrations at acceleration on BMW 2 Series. This problem can occasionally be hard to perceive but it must be handled. We will consequently begin our article content with the roots of these vibrations on BMW 2 Series, then, with the answers you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my BMW 2 Series emit vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s begin our article content with the roots of this type of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, specifically if it is ancient or if it has been driven a lot, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, specifically those with a lot of torque, can trigger this sort of impression, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my BMW 2 Series only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this article content. The simple fact that you experience trembling on your BMW 2 Series during your acceleration periods, in this circumstance you will have to check the condition of different elements because various of elements can be at the origin of these vibrations and whether or not you are unlucky a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be involved.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your BMW 2 Series is defective, it may trigger vibrations that you will feel when you accelerate at the moment it is running.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disrupt the behavior of your turbo and make vibrations that you may come to feel during acceleration of your BMW 2 Series.
- If the turbo is punctured or damaged, the effect will be alike, the power supply of your turbo will be troubled and its behavior too. Make sure you visually examine their condition.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my BMW 2 Series at acceleration and deceleration
We will now concentrate on the case where you come to feel vibrations on your BMW 2 Series when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only come to feel vibrations when you are idling on your BMW 2 Series, please consult our article content focused on this problem to fix your problem. If, on the other hand, you realize that your BMW 2 Series vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of elements to examine:
- EGR valve: In actual fact this valve which controls the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and affect the evacuation of exhaust gases which can trigger BMW 2 Series vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will bring out the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working properly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running properly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass properly and therefore affect the performance of your BMW 2 Series, up to the point of leading to vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the main motives of a BMW 2 Series that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my BMW 2 Series? What can I do?
Finally, in this last part, we will give you the solutions available to you to cure these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt depending on the component that is concerned:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your BMW 2 Series, it will be good for you to control all the parts linked to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and in most cases the problem does not come precisely from the turbo. So make sure take a look at your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your BMW 2 Series to your workshop.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the advantage that it is often times easy to access and simple to take apart/clean. You can always examine it and clean it, for this see our article content on cleaning the EGR valve of an BMW 2 Series.
- Injectors: Injectors are very delicate parts and a few harmful particles may be enough to affect their performance. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, simply replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to find the cause of the vibrations at acceleration on your BMW 2 Series. If you don’t feel able to conduct certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your technician.
If you need more tutorials on the BMW 2 Series, go to our BMW 2 Series category.