Encountering problems on your vehicle is extremely bothersome, in addition to the economic aspect that these complications represent, one must also add the time lost with a non-operational Bmw 1 series and the time spent to identify and remedy the breakdown. On the other hand, some problems are less significant than others, which is not to say that they do not stress us. On this page we are going to look into a issue that can happen to many of us, feeling vibrations at acceleration on Bmw 1 series. This issue can often be tricky to perceive but it must be handled. We will consequently begin our content page with the roots of these vibrations on Bmw 1 series, then, with the solutions you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Bmw 1 series produce vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s begin our content page with the roots of this type of issue on your car. You should already know that an engine, specifically if it is old or if it has been driven quite a bit, can naturally vibrate without being a issue behind it. Large diesel engines, specifically those with a lot of torque, can cause this sort of sensation, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Bmw 1 series only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting circumstance for us in this content page. The fact that you experience trembling on your Bmw 1 series during your acceleration periods, in this circumstance you will have to check the state of different parts because many of elements can be at the origin of these vibrations and even if you are unlucky a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of components that can be involved.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Bmw 1 series is defective, it may cause vibrations that you will suffer when you accelerate at the moment it is activated.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may affect the behavior of your turbo and create vibrations that you may feel at the time of acceleration of your Bmw 1 series.
- If the turbo is punctured or ruined, the consequence will be the same, the power supply of your turbo will be troubled and its behavior too. Make sure visually verify their state.
I’m getting vibrations on my Bmw 1 series at acceleration and deceleration
We will now look into the situation where you feel vibrations on your Bmw 1 series when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only feel vibrations when you are idling on your Bmw 1 series, please seek advice from our content page dedicated to this issue to fix your problem. If, however, you detect that your Bmw 1 series vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of components to verify:
- EGR valve: In actual fact this valve which handles the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and affect the evacuation of exhaust gases which can cause Bmw 1 series vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that regulating the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will discharge the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working effectively, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running properly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is clogged it will not let the fuel pass properly and therefore affect the operation of your Bmw 1 series, up to the point of producing vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important causes of a Bmw 1 series that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Bmw 1 series? What can I do?
To finish , in this last part, we will provide you the possibilities available to you to handle these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt according to the part that is involved:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Bmw 1 series, it will be good for you to control all the components connected to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and generally the issue does not come exclusively from the turbo. So make sure to take a look at your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Bmw 1 series to your garage area.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is more often than not easy to access and easy to disassemble/clean. You can always examine it and clean it, for this see our content page on cleaning the EGR valve of an Bmw 1 series.
- Injectors: Injectors are very delicate components and a few impurities may be enough to affect their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a specialist.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, simply replace it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to discover the origin of the vibrations at acceleration on your Bmw 1 series. If you don’t feel able to accomplish certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your motor mechanic.
To find more tips on the Bmw 1 series, take a look at the Bmw 1 series category.