Facing problems on your automobile is really frustrating, in addition to the financial aspect that these concerns signify, one must also add the time lost with a non-functional Acura MDX and the time spent to establish and fix the malfunction. On the other hand, some problems are less serious than others, which is not to say that they do not get worried us. In this article we are going to look into a problem that can affect many of us, perceiving vibrations at acceleration on Acura MDX. This problem can sometimes be complex to perceive but it must be looked after. We will therefore commence our guideline with the roots of these vibrations on Acura MDX, then, with the solutions you have to reduce or stop these tremors.
Why does my Acura MDX produce vibrations when accelerating?
So let’s commence our guideline with the roots of this type of problem on your car. You should already know that an engine, especially if it is old or if it has been driven quite a bit, can naturally vibrate without being a problem behind it. Large diesel engines, especially those with a lot of torque, can provoke this form of sensation, both at idle and when accelerating.
I feel vibrations on my Acura MDX only when accelerating
Let’s take the most interesting case for us in this guideline. The simple fact that you feel trembling on your Acura MDX during your acceleration periods, in this situation you will have to verify the state of several elements because many of elements can be at the starting point of these vibrations and whether or not you are unfortunate a mix of several of them may also be possible, here is the list of parts that can be involved.
- Turbo: If the turbo of your Acura MDX is faulty, it may provoke vibrations that you will feel when you accelerate at the moment it is activated.
- The turbo pressure sensor: This sensor will manage the pressure exerted in the turbo of your car, if it fails it may disrupt the behavior of your turbo and bring about vibrations that you may come to feel at the time of acceleration of your Acura MDX.
- If the turbo is punctured or harmed, the result will be the same, the power supply of your turbo will be disrupted and its behavior too. Be sure to visually check their state.
I’m experiencing vibrations on my Acura MDX at acceleration and deceleration
We will now focus on the case where you come to feel vibrations on your Acura MDX when you are accelerating but also when you are idling. If you only come to feel vibrations when you are idling on your Acura MDX, please seek advice from our guideline focused upon this problem to resolve your problem. If, however, you notice that your Acura MDX vibrates when accelerating but also when it is stopped, here is the list of items to check:
- EGR valve: In fact this valve which manages the return of exhaust gases for pollution standards can become dirty and disturb the evacuation of exhaust gases which can provoke Acura MDX vibrates when accelerating but also when stopped.
- Injectors: Your injectors that control the fuel/air mixture flow may be dirty or damaged, which will generate the wrong amount of mixture and thus prevent your engine block from working correctly, it is even possible that one or more of your cylinders are not running properly.
- Fuel Filter: Like the injectors, if the filter is blocked it will not let the fuel pass properly and therefore disturb the operation of your Acura MDX, up to the point of generating vibrations during acceleration.
Here are the most important triggers of a Acura MDX that vibrates at acceleration
What can I do to stop the vibration when I accelerate on my Acura MDX? What can I do?
Finally, in this last section, we will give you the possibilities available to you to overcome these tremors on your car when you accelerate. Here is the best attitude to adopt depending on the part that is affected:
- Turbo: If your turbo starts all these vibrations when you accelerate your Acura MDX, it will be good for you to control all the parts attached to it because changing a complete turbo is a big budget and in most cases the problem does not come precisely from the turbo. So be sure to check out your turbo pressure sensor, your flowmeter, the EGR valve and the hoses of your turbo. Otherwise take your Acura MDX to your workshop.
- EGR valve: The EGR valve has the benefit that it is often easy to access and simple to take apart/clean. You can always examine it and clean it, for this see our guideline on cleaning the EGR valve of an Acura MDX.
- Injectors: Injectors are very fragile parts and a few impurities may be enough to disturb their operation. Use a fuel additive to simply clean the injectors, if this is not enough you will have to go to a professional.
- Fuel Filter: If it is the fuel filter, only change it. A fuel filter doesn’t clean itself, so if it is clogged you will just have to replace it with a new one.
Now you have all the info you need to discover the cause of the vibrations at acceleration on your Acura MDX. If you don’t feel able to complete certain procedures don’t hesitate to go to your repair shop.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Acura MDX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura MDX category.