Monitoring your car is important in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the theme we are gonna focus on on this webpage, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Volkswagen Caddy 3. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Volkswagen Caddy 3?.
What does the ABS light on Volkswagen Caddy 3 indicate?
We will commence our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Volkswagen Caddy 3, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Volkswagen Caddy 3?
To begin with, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Volkswagen Caddy 3 is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Volkswagen Caddy 3 is made from several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Volkswagen Caddy 3
In fact, you can quite easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Volkswagen Caddy 3
Now we proceed to the part that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Volkswagen Caddy 3? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Volkswagen Caddy 3 can signal:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Volkswagen Caddy 3 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Volkswagen Caddy 3: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Volkswagen Caddy 3?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Volkswagen Caddy 3?. The answers will be based upon the failures you are going through. First of all, pass your Volkswagen Caddy 3 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Volkswagen Caddy 3, don’t be reluctant to go through our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have established the cause of your trouble, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Volkswagen Caddy 3:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve noticed an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the trouble, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Caddy 3, take a look at the Volkswagen Caddy 3 category.