Watching your automobile is imperative nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are going to talk about on this webpage, one of the indications that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Toyota Scion FR S. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Toyota Scion FR S?.
What does the ABS light on Toyota Scion FR S signify?
We will commence our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Toyota Scion FR S, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Toyota Scion FR S?
To begin with, it is fundamental to describe to you what the ABS of your Toyota Scion FR S is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Toyota Scion FR S is composed of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Toyota Scion FR S
In fact, you can simply come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Toyota Scion FR S
Now we move on to the part that you are probably more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Toyota Scion FR S? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Toyota Scion FR S can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Toyota Scion FR S to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Toyota Scion FR S: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Toyota Scion FR S?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Toyota Scion FR S?. The solutions will rely upon the deficiencies you are having. Firstly, pass your Toyota Scion FR S to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Toyota Scion FR S, don’t be reluctant to examine our article which details the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your problem, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Toyota Scion FR S:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Scion FR S, take a look at the Toyota Scion FR S category.