Keeping an eye on your automobile is important in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the topic we are going to discuss today, one of the indicators that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Toyota C HR. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Toyota C HR?.
What does the ABS light on Toyota C HR signify?
We will commence our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Toyota C HR, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Toyota C HR?
First of all, it is vital to explain to you what the ABS of your Toyota C HR is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Toyota C HR is made up of several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Toyota C HR
The fact is, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Toyota C HR
Now we move on to the part that you are most probably more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Toyota C HR? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Toyota C HR can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Toyota C HR to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Toyota C HR: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will inevitably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Toyota C HR?
We will now move on to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Toyota C HR?. The answers will be based upon the deficiencies you are going through. Firstly, pass your Toyota C HR to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Toyota C HR, don’t hesitate to go through our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have discovered the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Toyota C HR:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota C HR, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota C HR category.