Paying attention to your automobile is vital nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are gonna discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Toyota Aygo 2. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Toyota Aygo 2?.
What does the ABS light on Toyota Aygo 2 indicate?
We will start our article content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Toyota Aygo 2, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Toyota Aygo 2?
To start with, it is necessary to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Toyota Aygo 2 is used for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Toyota Aygo 2 is made from several elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will analyze if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Toyota Aygo 2
The truth is, you can with ease experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Toyota Aygo 2
Now we proceed to the section that you are most certainly more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Toyota Aygo 2? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be conscious that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Toyota Aygo 2 can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your Toyota Aygo 2 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Toyota Aygo 2: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Toyota Aygo 2?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Toyota Aygo 2?. The solutions will rely upon the failure you are going through. First of all, pass your Toyota Aygo 2 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Toyota Aygo 2, don’t be reluctant to go through our content page which details the steps to take. Once you have found the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Toyota Aygo 2:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve detected an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to fix the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Toyota Aygo 2, take a look at the Toyota Aygo 2 category.