Paying attention to your vehicle is essential nowadays, in reality, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to observe your car withering away. This is specifically the topic we are gonna discuss today, one of the indicators that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on seat cordoba. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on seat cordoba?.
What does the ABS light on seat cordoba signify?
We will start our article content with the definition of an ABS warning light on seat cordoba, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and next, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on seat cordoba?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your seat cordoba is employed for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your seat cordoba is consisting of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your seat cordoba
In truth, you can with ease come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on seat cordoba
Now we proceed to the section that you are most likely more curious about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a seat cordoba? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be informed that once the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your seat cordoba can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them motives the ABS light on your seat cordoba to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your seat cordoba: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will inevitably come on.
What if the ABS light activate on my seat cordoba?
We will now proceed to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my seat cordoba?. The solutions will depend on the deficiencies you are encountering. Firstly, pass your seat cordoba to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on seat cordoba, don’t think twice to read our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have determined the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your seat cordoba:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you need more guides on the seat cordoba, go to our seat cordoba category.