Keeping an eye on your automobile is imperative in these days, in truth, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is specifically the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most perturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Renault Scenic 2. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Renault Scenic 2?.
What does the ABS light on Renault Scenic 2 signify?
We will start our content with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Renault Scenic 2, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Renault Scenic 2?
To begin with, it is fundamental to explain to you what the ABS of your Renault Scenic 2 is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a device that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Renault Scenic 2 is made from different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Renault Scenic 2
In reality, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Renault Scenic 2
Now we proceed to the part that you are certainly more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Renault Scenic 2? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Renault Scenic 2 can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Renault Scenic 2 to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Renault Scenic 2: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will undoubtedly turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Renault Scenic 2?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Renault Scenic 2?. The answers will be based upon the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Renault Scenic 2 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Renault Scenic 2, don’t hesitate to examine our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have found the origin of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Renault Scenic 2:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve spotted an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to resolve the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you wish more tutorials on the Renault Scenic 2, go to our Renault Scenic 2 category.