Monitoring your car is essential in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is precisely the subject we are going to focus on today, one of the indicators that most disturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Porsche Cayenne. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Porsche Cayenne?.
What does the ABS light on Porsche Cayenne indicate?
We will begin our content with the definition of an ABS warning light on Porsche Cayenne, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Porsche Cayenne?
To begin with, it is fundamental to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Porsche Cayenne is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Porsche Cayenne is consisting of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Porsche Cayenne
In reality, you can simply feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Porsche Cayenne
Now we proceed to the part that you are most certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Porsche Cayenne? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be aware that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Porsche Cayenne can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them motives the ABS light on your Porsche Cayenne to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Porsche Cayenne: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to manage your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Porsche Cayenne?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Porsche Cayenne?. The answers will be based upon the failure you are having. To begin with, pass your Porsche Cayenne to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Porsche Cayenne, don’t be reluctant to read our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have determined the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Porsche Cayenne:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve noticed an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To get more tips on the Porsche Cayenne, take a look at the Porsche Cayenne category.