Monitoring your automobile is very important nowadays, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the subject we are gonna discuss today, one of the indicators that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Peugeot Partner Tepee. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Peugeot Partner Tepee?.
What does the ABS light on Peugeot Partner Tepee signify?
We will commence our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Peugeot Partner Tepee, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Peugeot Partner Tepee?
To begin with, it is necessary to describe to you what the ABS of your Peugeot Partner Tepee is intended for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Peugeot Partner Tepee is consisting of several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Peugeot Partner Tepee
In fact, you can quite easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Peugeot Partner Tepee
Now we go forward to the section that you are likely more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Peugeot Partner Tepee? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it means that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Peugeot Partner Tepee can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Peugeot Partner Tepee to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Peugeot Partner Tepee: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Peugeot Partner Tepee?
We will now go forward to the section where we will try to give you some answers to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Peugeot Partner Tepee?. The answers will depend on the failure you are having. Firstly, pass your Peugeot Partner Tepee to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Peugeot Partner Tepee, don’t be reluctant to browse our guideline which points out the steps to take. Once you have determined the source of your trouble, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Peugeot Partner Tepee:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical trouble: Once you’ve identified an electrical trouble with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the trouble, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Peugeot Partner Tepee, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Partner Tepee category.