Monitoring your automobile is very important in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car withering away. This is exactly the theme we are gonna focus on on this webpage, one of the symptoms that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Peugeot Expert Tepee. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Peugeot Expert Tepee?.
What does the ABS light on Peugeot Expert Tepee signify?
We will start our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Peugeot Expert Tepee, to do this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Peugeot Expert Tepee?
To begin with, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your Peugeot Expert Tepee is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this article. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Peugeot Expert Tepee is made up of different parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Peugeot Expert Tepee
The fact is, you can simply feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS allows, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Peugeot Expert Tepee
Now we move on to the section that you are most likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Peugeot Expert Tepee? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be aware that as soon as the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should modify your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Peugeot Expert Tepee can indicate:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a damaged wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them causes the ABS light on your Peugeot Expert Tepee to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Peugeot Expert Tepee: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Peugeot Expert Tepee?
We will now move on to the section where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Peugeot Expert Tepee?. The solutions will rely upon the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Peugeot Expert Tepee to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Peugeot Expert Tepee, don’t be reluctant to go through our article which explains the steps to take. Once you have found the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to solve it and turn off the ABS light on your Peugeot Expert Tepee:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Peugeot Expert Tepee, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot Expert Tepee category.