Monitoring your automobile is vital in these modern times, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the indications that most perturbs car owners is the ABS warning light on Nissan Versa. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Nissan Versa?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Versa indicate?
We will begin our paper with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Nissan Versa, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Versa?
First of all, it is important to describe to you what the ABS of your Nissan Versa is used for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The goal of this system is to optimize the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Versa is made up of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Versa
The fact is, you can quite easily come to feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by relating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Versa
Now we go forward to the part that you are almost certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Versa? Firstly, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into security mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Versa can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them causes the ABS light on your Nissan Versa to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Versa: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously come on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Nissan Versa?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Versa?. The solutions will be based upon the failure you are enduring. Firstly, pass your Nissan Versa to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Versa, don’t think twice to examine our content page which points the steps to take. Once you have determined the origin of your problem, here are the steps to take to correct it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Versa:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve identified an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to remedy the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Nissan Versa, take a look at the Nissan Versa category.