Keeping an eye on your automobile is fundamental nowadays, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car withering away. This is precisely the topic we are gonna discuss in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Nissan Rogue. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first check out what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what to do if the ABS light is on Nissan Rogue?.
What does the ABS light on Nissan Rogue indicate?
We will begin our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Nissan Rogue, for this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and afterwards, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Nissan Rogue?
To begin with, it is essential to explain to you what the ABS of your Nissan Rogue is utilized for so that you can understand the remaining of this content. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Nissan Rogue is consisting of several components, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will evaluate if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Nissan Rogue
The fact is, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Nissan Rogue
Now we proceed to the part that you are most likely more enthusiastic about, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Nissan Rogue? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is faulty. You should be advised that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Nissan Rogue can show:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to examine it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Nissan Rogue to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Nissan Rogue: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will come on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a trouble, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will undoubtedly turn on.
What if the ABS light activate on my Nissan Rogue?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Nissan Rogue?. The solutions will could depend on the failures you are experiencing. To begin with, pass your Nissan Rogue to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Nissan Rogue, don’t hesitate to browse our content which points out the steps to take. Once you have found the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Nissan Rogue:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be adjusted, and in this situation, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve noticed an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the problem, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To find more tips on the Nissan Rogue, take a look at the Nissan Rogue category.